Privacy statement – May 21st, 2018
In the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“…any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy statement is intended to let you know how we, Female Ventures, will collect and use your personal data in order to:
- Register you to enter onto our events;
- Register to our online community (Female Friends, www.femaleventures.nl);
- Enabling you (via your personal profile) to connect to other Female Friends on our online community;
- Communicate with you re our events and/or our online community;
- Respond to your questions;
- Respond to any complaints;
- Refining our website and improving your experience on it.
- Purchasing an item from our bookshop through the BOL.com Affiliate program will require us to collect and process some data, which is required for BOL.com to process your order.
Why do we need to collect and store Personal Data?
In order for us to give you entry to our events and online community and to be able to respond to your requests, questions etc. we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any case, we are committed to ensuring that the information that we collect and use is appropriate for the purpose, and does not constitute an invasion or your privacy.
Will we share your Personal Data with anyone else?
By setting up a Female Friends account and personal profile you share your profile with other Female Friends. We may pass your personal data to third-party services providers (Eventbrite, WordPress, Mailpoet, BOL etc) contracted to, or associated with Female Ventures in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your personal data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to respond to specific services such as ticketing and communication, requests, questions, service requirements etc. on our behalf. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will we use the Personal Data we collect about you?
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will do our utmost to keep your information accurate and up-to-date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on the individual business needs.
What about pictures ?
When visiting our events you may be aware that some pictures and/or video shots may be taken and may therefor contain your image. These images will only be used for promotion on our website or other marketing and promotional materials. Images will not remain stored for a period any longer than 3 years after date of issue.
Under what circumstances will we contact you?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can you find out the personal data that the we hold about you?
At your request Female Ventures can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Female Ventures or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data fit wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will you need to provide in order to access this?
Female Ventures accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Passport; Driving Licence; ID card.
Female Ventures, ie: Ms Dieuwke Hoogland
Stationsplein 45, 3013 AK ROTTERDAM, the Netherlands
Female Ventures is a non profit foundation in formation. All accounting and financial affairs will be handled by 2XD NL BV, with registration no at KvK: 20072158, VAT no: NL800738470B01 until the foundation has been established.